Monday 28 November 2011

Concept Visualisation: Models and Colours

 From the development of my Silhouettes, I chose two models and clothing ideas to progress into colour and a final product. The above image shows the figure and clothing I chose appropriate, However, to experiment with what I would prefer best, I did a colour palette to look at the variety of ways the clothing could be presented. Over the choice above, I decided to chose the last colour variety, on the basis of traditional western colours. The other examples didn't seem to fit the role as much as the final because of the vibrancy, so I decided to add tonal work and texture to it to see if I still like the model.





Here is the first sketch of the model and the finalized product after going through a relative colour palette. I continued my cell shading method and applied various patterns to bring depth and style to the model. I am pretty happy with how this turned out because I believe the colours are appropriate for the western theme. However, I cannot help but think there is not enough 'Cowboy' element in the model's pose, emotion or choice of clothing. After all those silhouettes and thinking I;d be happy with this, I have decided it just is not right.



Here is the other figure I have been pretty confident with since the silhouette stage. The reason for this is I really like the clothing and think it perfectly represents western culture. So I had to complete another colour palette to see which variations worked best with the outfit. In all honesty, I quite liked all of the colour choices, but based on relativity to the theme. I chose the model third one in because I think it compliments all the colours very well. To complete this, I applied my cell shading tonal work and added patterns to bring texture to the model.


Here is the finalized model with cell shading, tone and patterns. I really am pleased with how this turned out. I think the colours and clothing are absolutely perfect for the character and the theme. It is keeping traditional to the era and also looks suitable for a cowboy type Hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment