Sunday 27 November 2011

Project 1: 3D Models

To further develop my concepts, I decided to have a go at making my very first 3D character model, along with some in game assets. I decided to creating Zork's Manga styled Hero, for the simplicity of design and also the proportional elements. I wanted to try something simple to start with, as I have never made a figure with Maya before.



In all honesty, although this was my first 3D character, I really enjoyed constructing the different aesthetics of the figure. Such as the  hair, cloak, scarf, glasses, mouth and ears. I also liked playing with different materials to gain more authenticity, such as a Blinn material on the earrings and glasses of the character, making them shinier and more realistic. I think I succeeded on the basis of the style of character and how proportionally, nothing really had to be too accurate apart from that, to replicate my initial concept drawing. I also enjoyed playing around with simple shapes to make areas such as the hair, where I experimented with different edge loops to create more dynamic structures. I also used this for the effect on the scarf and cloak.





 Here are also some basic 3D models of some assets within the game. Such as 'The Games Master' book and the inventory system component, 'The Label Gun'. I wanted to create this assets because of their relevance within the game's story. Such as the importance of 'The Games Master' being the primary goal for the entire game. Also 'The Label Gun' for it's primary use within interaction in the worlds, being the inventory system. Both of these objects were easy to build, but exciting to construct for the sake of bringing my game to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment